Murray was succeeded as coadjutor by Most Reverend Philip Pocock, D.D., who became the second Archbishop of Winnipeg upon Sinnott's retirement in 1952. Sinnott spent his retirement at Camp Morton where he died at the age of 77 on Easter Sunday in 1954.
Pocock was finally successful in retiring St. Mary's debt, and a gala celebration was held to burn the last mortgage on the Cathedral in May 1952.
Also during the 1950s, St. Mary's Cemetery had to be restored following the 1950 flood. It was solemnly reconsecrated in September 1960. Pocock became Archbishop of Toronto in 1961 and died in 1984.
Nearby similar companies
- 1Distance: 99 ft1483 Pembina Hwy
R3T 2C6 Winnipeg
- 2Distance: 0.14 mi935 Nesbitt Bay
R3T 1W6 Winnipeg
- 3Distance: 0.29 mi1629 Pembina Highway
R3T 2G6 Winnipeg
- 4Distance: 0.43 mi1111 Chevrier Boulevard
R3T 1Y2 Winnipeg
- 5Distance: 0.43 mi1226 Waller Ave
R3T 1P6 Fort Garry
- 6Distance: 0.5 mi1010 Riverwood Ave
R3T 1L3 Winnipeg
- Religious Organisations