Murray was succeeded as coadjutor by Most Reverend Philip Pocock, D.D., who became the second Archbishop of Winnipeg upon Sinnott's retirement in 1952. Sinnott spent his retirement at Camp Morton where he died at the age of 77 on Easter Sunday in 1954.
Pocock was finally successful in retiring St. Mary's debt, and a gala celebration was held to burn the last mortgage on the Cathedral in May 1952.
Also during the 1950s, St. Mary's Cemetery had to be restored following the 1950 flood. It was solemnly reconsecrated in September 1960. Pocock became Archbishop of Toronto in 1961 and died in 1984.
Churche, religious organisations, catholic, church
Nearby similar companies
|1.35 miFORT GARRY UNITED CHURCH OFFICE|
800 POINT RD, R3T 3L8, WINNIPEG
|159 ftCANADA INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SERVICE CENTER|
1483 PEMBINA HWY, R3T 2C6, WINNIPEG
|0.47 miST VITAL CATHOLIC CHURCH|
1629 PEMBINA HIGHWAY, R3T 2G6, WINNIPEG
|0.81 miWINNIPEG CHINESE MENNONITE CHURCH|
1010 RIVERWOOD AVE, R3T 1L3, WINNIPEG
|1.93 miARDAL GEYSIR LUTHERAN CHURCH|
301 RIVER RD, R2M 4A1, WINNIPEG
|1.13 miFORT GARRY MENNONITE BRETHREN CHURCH|
1771 PEMBINA HIGHWAY, R3T 2G6, WINNIPEG