The 8 Things You Want to Look for When Choosing a Multivitamin by www.vitamart.ca
It seems like everyone is taking a multivitamin these days, but how do you know if yours is truly effective? Or perhaps you are not yet taking a multivitamin, yet hoping to find the right choice for your lifestyle and fitness goals? How do you even know where to begin?
To start with, multivitamins provide a wealth of benefits in giving you more bang for your buck in choosing a supplement. This is something highly important to keep in mind since you can get the vitamins and minerals that you are looking for within one daily supplement of multivitamins. What many people don't realize is that minerals are often depleted through everyday stress and exercise, meaning that you need to focus on complete sources of multivitamins to replenish and repair your body on a daily basis.
Here is your complete guide of the top 8 things to consider when choosing premium multivitamins to meet your needs!
1. What are your lifestyle goals? This may seem like a no-brainer, but when you really delve into it, so many people have different requirements for multivitamins. As an example, you may be hoping to prevent disease, or even correct your own vitamin deficiency. In that case, you would look for multivitamins with specific vitamin ingredients for your overall health. As another example, you may be fatigued and feel that you don't have balanced nutrition, meaning that you should choose complete multivitamins to balance your diet and give your body the nutrients it is craving.
2. How active are you? If you are just beginning on a fitness routine, you may have different multivitamins and mineral needs than an athlete or bodybuilder in a long-term workout program. Either way, both of these individuals need multivitamins as supplements, but an athlete may need multivitamins with higher levels of zinc since that is often depleted through strenuous exercise. If you are very active, you may need multivitamins specifically made for bodybuilders to provide high levels of chromium and zinc to promote protein synthesis and muscle recovery. These multivitamins will work to strengthen the immune system and offer greater energy for increased stamina and workouts.
3. Do you need choices in multivitamins that are gender specific? There are general multivitamins on the market, but there are also choices in multivitamins that are gender specific. This may be something suitable so that you can get the correct vitamins and minerals, whether you are a man or a woman. Men and women have different dietary needs, so as an example, women's multivitamins may contain extra calcium to supplement the bones and prevent osteoporosis, while men's multivitamins may not contain such high levels of calcium. Men's multivitamins may also contain different herbal and vitamin extracts to protect the health of the heart and prevent the risk of heart disease in higher levels than women's multivitamins.
4. How many servings of multivitamins do you need? It is important to keep in mind that many multivitamins require multiple servings, since all of the daily vitamins and minerals you need will not likely fit into one capsule, unless it is very large. You may be required to take two or more multivitamins on a daily basis to get the servings that are advertised within the multivitamins product.
5. What is your age range? Multivitamins are recommended for all age groups, including teenagers, young adults, and those who are middle aged. As a specific example, there are multivitamins for women over 50 who have different nutrient needs than younger women. These multivitamins will work to reduce stress, improve energy, and boost the immune system as you age. These types of multivitamins for older women are helpful if you have a difficult time absorbing nutrients as you get older. This will work to efficiently balance the diet in a specific age bracket in the form of multivitamins.
6. Are you a vegetarian? If you are vegetarian, it may be ideal to take multivitamins since you may not be getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need from your diet that is restricted from meat or animal products. Many vegetarians are significantly low on iron, which can be further depleted if you are a female due to menstruation. If this sounds like you, then you do need vegetarian multivitamins to supplement your diet and provide balance to prevent illness.
7. What type of capsule do you prefer in multivitamins? Many multivitamins are made from vegetarian gel capsules, which makes them easier to swallow and be absorbed by the body. This is something not only important for a vegetarian, but also for people who have difficulty swallowing pills. These soft vegetarian capsules for multivitamins will be much easier to swallow than hard tablets in multivitamins, so that is something to take into consideration with multivitamins if you have a hard time taking pills regularly. One other benefit to a soft capsule over a hard tablet is simply absorption. Soft capsules are broken down much more easily within the stomach for a smoother absorption, whereas many people may have a difficult time digesting hard tablets. In some cases, the hard tablets may not break down at all, which will completely defeat the purpose of taking them in the first place by robbing you of essential nutrients! The bottom line is that soft vegetarian capsules in multivitamins are the most user-friendly form of multivitamins available on the market!
8. Did you read the ingredient label? Just because something is labeled as multivitamins does not mean that it is the best choice for you! Be smart as a consumer and make sure to read your ingredient labels in multivitamins carefully. It is important not to overdose on the vitamins minerals within multivitamins, so make sure that your choice in multivitamins does not contain more than the daily recommended value of vitamins or minerals.
With these tips in mind, you will have an easy time picking the right choice in multivitamins for your lifestyle! Every person is different when it comes to multivitamins, but it is incredibly helpful to narrow down your choices to multivitamins that are ideal for your age range, lifestyle, and gender. This will help you to make a worthwhile investment in multivitamins so that you can trust that they will truly benefit your health. These easy shopping tips for multivitamins will help you to not only save money in the long run, but also make sure that any vitamin deficiencies are treated right away to boost your immune system!
• For men, try Progressive Chewable Multivitamins.
• For women's multivitamins, try Pomology Women's Daily Multi.
• For a choice in bodybuilding multivitamins, try Maxx Essentials Multi Maxx Multivitamin.
To view a wide selection of multivitamins check out: http://www.vitamart.ca/multivitamins/